Drum Corps Scholarship Program
PAISOC aims to promote diversity through scholarship and programming. The Drum Corps Scholarship program seeks to recognize current and future student leaders of color in the marching arts and broader performing arts world.
We strongly suggest downloading a copy of the application to work on your answers in your own Word file, and then copy and paste into the application when you’re ready to submit.
- Applicants must self-identify as students of color (including but not limited to Black, African-American, Asian, South Asian, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, Latinx, Chicanx, Indigenous-American, and multiracial identities).
- Applicants must be contracted to participate in a drum corps by June 1, 2023. A scholarship may be awarded before an applicant is contracted with a drum corps, but will not be distributed until membership is verified by PAISOC.
- Applicants must be 22 years of age or under.
- Applicants must complete their application on Google Forms in full. Please note the minimum word requirements (200 words) on some short answer questions:
- Describe someone in your life who exemplifies great leadership characteristics.
- Describe a contribution that you want to make to your drum corps community, how you plan to do it, and when you know that you are successful.
- What is diversity to you, and how do you think it impacts a performing arts community?