The Performing Arts Initiative for Students of Color (PAISOC) provides scholarships and programs to students of color to promote diversity, leadership, and advancement in the performing arts.
Specifically, our organization aims to:
- Promote diversity in the arts by telling the stories of people of color specifically impacted by their participation in arts programming.
- Provide scholarships to black, latinx, asian american, pacific islander, and native american students for the purposes of tuition and other program related expenses.
- Increase the number of people of color participating in performing arts programs in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to scholarship recipients to promote life lasting experiences and lessons
- Sponsor and promote educational opportunities.
DIVERSITY — An active daily practice of racial inclusivity which honors equality, access and representation.
STUDENT — An individual dedicated to life-long learning within the performing arts field.
“OF COLOR” — Individuals of a minority and historically “marginalized” population.
LEADERSHIP — A commitment to a process of collaboration between scholars, educators and students.