The Performing Arts Initiative for Students of Color (PAISOC) provides scholarships and programs to students of color to promote diversity, leadership, and advancement in the performing arts.
Specifically, our organization aims to:
- Promote diversity in the performing arts, including but not limited to, music, dance, and theater.
- Fundraise annually to gain the necessary financial support to award scholarships to students of color – including Black, Latinx, Asian-American, Pacific Islander, and Native American students – in the performing arts.
- Increase the amount of students of color that participate in the performing arts.
- Shape students into young leaders and role models by providing mentorship and leadership training to scholarship recipients.
- Sponsor programs and activities that educate students of color in various performing arts.
DIVERSITY — An active daily practice of racial inclusivity which honors equality, access and representation.
STUDENT — An individual dedicated to life-long learning within the performing arts field.
“OF COLOR” — Individuals of a minority and historically “marginalized” population.
LEADERSHIP — A commitment to a process of collaboration between scholars, educators and students.